Sunday 12 January 2014

Happy New Year! / (Is it always this sh|t?)

There are only so many times before you type the first sentence of a word document and delete it before you give up, get a beer and play video games. For the past three months I have probably planned more blogs, scripts and videos than my entire artistic career.

I’ve taken an unintended break from making music, videos and art.  (We can rebuild him.)

I had come to the realisation that if no one is reading the blogs then there is no point posting them up. I may as rotate them through my internal monologue. (We have the technology.)

There’s a self-deprecating cycle that as a freelance artist with a part time job, you can technically make more money by just going to work. (We can make him better than he was.)

If I quit my job I could make more art and make more money. (Better)

If I quit my art I could make more money. If I spend more time worrying about my time management then I will have less time to work. Sometimes it’s easier to spend the day writing out a to do list and then think, that’s all planned now, I can go get a beer.

If I quit complaining I could drink more beer. (Stronger)

Before I knew it I had not created anything in almost three months and when someone asked me how “All that acting stuff is going” the words, I Have Quit almost came out of my mouth. (Faster)
 

Actually my last blog post was in 2012. That can’t be right can it? So I thought it was time to put pen to paper, technically fingers to keys, and see what came out. Once again I found myself deleting the text faster than I was producing it. So I decided to sit and write. And make. And draw. And produce. And just lay it out on the internet for you to find.

I can’t quit my job. I’m a professional procrastinator.

It’s time to shit or get off the pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment